Instagram is owned by Meta, and you think the platform doesn’t share your data with Facebook, save yourself the stress, and delete your Instagram account if you don’t want Instagram sharing your data with the company.
If you care about privacy very much download your Instagram data and see the information you’ve shared.
All apps, services, and software collect users’ data, and Instagram holds lots of it when you use the app — from the photos, videos, and the information you share.
Once you request your Instagram data, it’ll take up to 2 days for Instagram to send it to you, the request takes more time than when requesting your Facebook data, and Facebook even collects twice or more of what Instagram gets from you.
In your download Instagram data, the information contained includes your messages, photos, videos, comments, profile information, and more.
To know how to download Instagram data from your mobile phone or desktop here’s is how to do it.
Download Instagram data on Android and iPhone
1. Open Instagram on your Android or iOS device, and go to your profile page by tapping on your profile picture in the bottom right corner of your screen.
2. Click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of your profile page.
3. At the bottom of the menu, click on “Settings.” On the settings page, click on “Security.”
4. Under the “Data and History” section click on “Download Data” input your email address and click on Request download.
5. Enter your password and then tap “Next” to get a copy of what you’ve shared Instagram data.
Instagram says it may take up to 2 days to get all your data ready and sent over to you through email.
You’ll receive an email with “Your Instagram Data” and a link to your data. Tap Download data and follow the instructions to finish downloading your information.
Downloading the data shows your account information and everything you’ve shared on the platform.
Download Instagram data through the web
1. Go to the Instagram website click on the profile picture in the top right corner of the screen and then click on “Settings.”
2. On your account’s settings menu click on “Privacy and security” in the left sidebar.
3. Scroll down to “Data download”.
4. Enter the email address you want to receive the link to download your Instagram data and click Next.
5. Enter your Instagram password, then click “Request Download.”
6. Instagram will send you an email once the download is ready. You’ll see “Your Instagram Data” with a link to your data. Click on “Download data” to begin the process.
- How to request for a copy of your Facebook data.
- Facebook two-factor authentication
- WhatsApp two-step verification.
Access and review your data on Instagram
If you want to review your data on Instagram without downloading it. You can view your account data on the Instagram app and website.
For Android and iPhone
1. On mobile, tap on your profile picture in the bottom right of your screen.
2. Then tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner, then tap Settings.
3. On the settings page, click on “Security.”
4. Under the “Data and History” section click on “Access Data” and click on View all to review a specific type of data.
On Instagram web
1. Click on your profile picture in the top right corner then click Settings
2. On the settings page, click on “Privacy and security” for the Instagram web.
3. Scroll down and click on View account data under the Access Data section. To review a specific type of data, click View all.