Two-factor authentication secures your Instagram account from unauthorized users, even if they have your password, when you set up two-factor authentication for Instagram, your account will be safe.
Using Instagram two-factor authentication is a great way to protect your account. With all the Instagram scams and cracking going on, you might want to secure your account in every way there’s.
Many Instagram account has been cracked, and all their personal information will be stolen. Instagram account get hacked every day and using a two-factor authentication protect your account and add double security measure to your account.
Meta communication apps have a two-step verification process, if you are using Facebook you can enable two-factor authentication for your account, and for WhatsApp too.
How to set up two-factor authentication for Instagram
1. Open Instagram on your Android or iOS device, and click on your profile picture in the bottom right corner of your screen.
2. Click on the hamburger (the three horizontal lines) at the top right corner of your profile page.
3. At the bottom of the menu, click on “Settings.” On the settings page, click on “Security.”
4. You will see all the security options, click on Two-Factor Authentication to set it up for your account.
5. Click on Get started and choose your verification method. Choose between using an Authenticator App or a Text Message (SMS).
6. If you haven’t added your phone number before you will need to do so. Enter the code sent to your phone number, and click “Next” to start using two-factor authentication for your Instagram account.
Read Also: How to turn on Twitter two-factor authentication
Once you enable two-factor authentication for your Instagram account, you will be sent a one-time code any time you want,t to log in to your Instagram account. You can use an authenticator app with Instagram. Download the Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator app.