Plenty of Facebook account has been cracked, and people are being shipped out of their account. Enabling two-factor authentication on your Facebook account will protect your account from intruders, even if the person knows your email address and password they won’t be able to gain access. With Facebook’s two-factor authentication, your account can be fully protected.
Two-factor authentication is available for all apps that want to protect their users’ interests and accounts, without a 2FA an unauthorized person can easily get access to anyone’s account.
But with a two-factor authentication process enable, you can prevent that. If you don’t want to use Facebook again, you can delete your account, and don’t forget to download your Facebook information, and here’s how you can set up 2FA for your account.
Read Also: Ways to secure Android device
How to set up Facebook two-factor authentication on mobile
1. Open your Facebook app, and click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of your screen on your Android phone. And for iPhone click on the horizontal line at the right bottom corner of your screen.
2. In the tab, go down and click on Settings & Privacy, and then “Settings.” If you’re using the Lite app scroll down and click on Settings.
3. In the Facebook settings, scroll down to the Security section and click on Security and Login.
5. If you have more than one phone number on the account you will have to choose the number you want to use and click on continue. Enter the six-digit code sent to your phone number and click on continue. Enter your password and click on continue to start using Facebook Two-factor authentication.
How to set up Facebook two-factor authentication on web
1. On Facebook Web, click on the downward arrow icon at the top-right corner of your screen. Click on Settings & Privacy, and tap on Settings, or go to facebook.com/settings.
2. On the settings page click on the Security and Login section, scroll down and tap on Use two-factor authentication.
3. On the Two-factor authentication page you will have to choose your security method, you can use an authentication app, text message (SMS), or a security key for the account.
4. To use text message (SMS) to receive authentication code on your device you will have to choose any phone number associated with the account.
5. Select the phone number you want to use and click on continue. Enter the six-digit code sent to the phone number and click on continue. Enter your password and click on continue to start using Facebook Two-factor authentication.
Once you’ve enabled Facebook two-factor authentication for your account, you will need a password, email address, and your one-time pin to get access to your account. With this, it is just you that can sign in and no one else.