If you want to verify your Instagram account, you can do so by asking for verification on the platform. If you are on Instagram and someone is impersonating you Instagram might verify you. Instagram verification is just the same requirements as Facebook but a bit different.
If you are popular on the platform, you will easily get verified as per someone who is not. But that is not always the case — sometimes your popularity might not get you verified. Anyone can request verification on Instagram.
You can be a public figure online and still get rejected. You will need to fill out a form and submit a government-issued I.
To get the verification tick on Instagram, you will need to make sure that you have properly set up your Instagram profile and completed everything that is required. If you haven’t, here are the things that you need before applying for your Instagram verification.
Requirement for Instagram verification
- Authentic: Represent a real person, registered business or entity.
- Unique: Represent the unique presence of the person or business.
- Complete: Your account must be public and have a bio, profile photo and be active when you apply.
- Notable: Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand or entity.
How to request Instagram verification on iPhone and Android
You should know that requesting Instagram verification doesn’t guarantee that your account will be verified.
1. Open Instagram on your iPhone or Android. And tap on your profile icon on the bottom right corner of your screen.
2. Click on the hamburger menu or the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of your Instagram profile screen, and click on settings at the bottom.
3. On the settings menu, tap on “Account,” scroll down and tap on “Request Verification” to start the procedure for your Instagram verification.
You’ll be provided with a form to fill, where you will be required to put your username, account name, the category you belong to, and upload a government-issued photo ID that shows your name and date of birth (e.g. driver’s license, passport or national identification card) for them to review your request.
A verified badge is a check that appears next to an Instagram account’s name, which indicates that an account is the authentic presence of a notable public figure, celebrity, brand, or entity it represents. Applying for Instagram verification, or submitting a request for verification does not guarantee that your account will be verified.