If you’ve already created your YouTube channel, and you want to change your YouTube channel name that can be done. Maybe you’ve changed your mind about the type of video you want to upload, you can change your YouTube name.
But you should know that YouTube allows you to change your name 3 times in 90 days. And if you’re not using a brand YouTube account, your Google Account name will be changed once you changed the YouTube channel name.
If you’re using a brand YouTube account, you can change your name, and your Google Account name won’t be altered. If you don’t know what a brand YouTube account is; it is a business account for your brand. You can create a brand account from your Google Account.
There are different ways to change your YouTube channel name. You can change your channel name from the YouTube mobile app, and YouTube desktop site. Both are easy to walk-through.
How to change YouTube channel name from the app
1. Open the YouTube mobile app, and make sure you’re signed into the Google Account that’s associated with your YouTube channel. If you’re not, switch Google Account. Tap on the profile picture and click on “Switch account.”
2. Click on your profile picture in the top right corner of your screen, and click on “Your channel.” If you have already uploaded a logo to the account, click the logo, if you haven’t it will take the first letter of your channel name.
3. Once you’ve opened your YouTube channel, click on the settings icon in the right that is in line with your YouTube name.
4. Once you click on the settings icon, you’ll see your current YouTube name, and description. Click on the edit pencil ✏️ to edit your YouTube channel name.
Once you’ve changed the channel name, click on “OK,” and the new name will be saved. If you change the name on your Google Account, it will change across all Google services.
To change your YouTube channel name on the computer, you will have to sign in to YouTube Studio.
How to change YouTube channel name on a computer
1. Go to YouTube Studio on desktop, and make sure you’re signed into the Google Account that’s associated with your YouTube channel.
2. To switch Google Account, tap on the account icon at the top right and click on “Switch account.”
3. Click on the menu from the left-hand of YouTube Studio, and select “customization,” from the tab, click on “Basic info.”
4. To edit your channel details and name, click on “Edit.” If you want to change other channel details you can do that here. Once you update your YouTube name click on “Publish.”
You can no longer edit your channel art, and profile icon on a mobile device from the app. To manage your YouTube details you’ll have to go to YouTube Studio. YouTube Studio allows you to control your account, and every video uploaded.