If you have already created your YouTube channel, and you want to change your YouTube channel name that can be done. Maybe you’ve changed your mind about the type of video you want to upload and share with the world.
Or you bought a YouTube channel and want to rebrand it you can still change the YouTube channel name.
YouTube allows you to change your name 3 times in 90 days, and if you’re not using a brand YouTube account, don’t worry your Google Account name would not be changed.
If you’re using a brand YouTube account, you can change your name, and your Google Account name won’t be altered.
If you don’t know what a brand YouTube account is; it is a business account for your brand. You can create a brand account from your Google Account.
There are different ways to change your YouTube channel name. You can change your channel name from the YouTube mobile app, and YouTube desktop site, both are easy to walk through. It a few jump clicks and you’re done rebranding.
How to change YouTube channel name from the app
1. Open the YouTube mobile app, and make sure you’re signed into the Google Account that’s associated with your YouTube channel, if you’re not, switch to the Google Account.
2. Click on your profile picture in the top right corner of your screen, and click on “Your channel.”
3. Once you’ve opened your YouTube channel, click on Edit Channel under your YouTube name.
4. Once you click on the settings icon, you’ll see the current YouTube name, and description. Click on the edit pencil ✏️ to edit your YouTube channel name. You can edit your description if you want to describe what you just change.
Once you have changed the channel name, click on “OK,” and the new name will be saved. To change the YouTube channel name on the computer, you will have to sign in to YouTube Studio.
ALSO READ: How To See YouTube Description On TV
How to change YouTube channel name on a computer
1. Go to YouTube Studio on desktop, and make sure you’re signed into the Google Account that’s associated with your YouTube channel.
2. To switch to Google Account, tap on the account icon at the top right and click on “Switch account.”
3. Click on the menu from the left-hand of YouTube Studio, and select “customization,” from the tab, click on “Basic info.”
4. To edit your channel details and name, click on “Edit.” If you want to change other channel details you can do that here. Once you update your YouTube name click on “Publish.”
YouTube Studio allows you to control your account, change the basic and advanced info, and set your account on the right path. With YouTube Studio, you can also manage every video you have uploaded.