YouTube videos is free to download if the creator allows it, saving your favorite YouTube videos to watch anytime.
We’ll show you how to download YouTube videos for free on both mobile and PC. The videos will be saved your local storage device.
To download YouTube videos means that you can watch without an internet connection.
Downloading YouTube videos on Mac, iPhone, and Android for free is easier than you think, but there are a few things you need to know.
Sometimes, we want a video to just be on our phones so that we can watch it offline without having to turn on our internet connection or the Wi-Fi.
Note: Watching videos on YouTube with ads, is one of the ways to support your favorite channels.
Can I download YouTube Video
It’s easy to download YouTube videos on iPhone, Android, Windows, and Mac, yeah, you saw it right. It is easy and I can show you how if follow our guide.
There are different ways for you to download videos from YouTube, but what about the official way, well it’s isn’t a bad idea but with that, you won’t get the video in your local storage.
If you intend is to just watch offline and nothing else you can use the official ways to download videos on YouTube.
You can use the YouTube Go app (selected countries) or you can download it directly in the YouTube app with YouTube Premium.
What I’ve noticed is, if you’re in the United States, you can’t download YouTube videos for free in the app except you use YouTube Premium.
If you live in other parts of the world where the Premium YT isn’t too much too entitled, you can download videos even if you haven’t subscribed yet.
ALSO READ: How To See YouTube Description On TV
How to download videos with YouTube Premium
Before you go on downloading videos on YouTube with other third-party services, you should try out YouTube Premium.
If you have a subscription you’ll also get other features apart from downloading videos for free on YouTube.
But the only downside you’ll have with YouTube Premium is that you can only watch the video in the YouTube app, it won’t be available on your local storage.
1. After you’ve subscribed to YouTube Premium, open the YouTube app, and ensure you have the latest version.
2. Next, you’ll have to set up the video quality if you want, or you can choose when downloading any video. Just in case,
3. Now, you just have to find the video you want to download, open and click on the Download button. If you haven’t chosen a video quality yet, choose one and tap on ok to download the video on YouTube.
Once the download is complete, you’ll see the downloaded video on YouTube. Go to Library and click on Download to see the video you’ve just downloaded.
Tip: If you want to download videos on YouTube without subscribing to Premium, you can use a VPN. Most countries in Africa usually download videos without subscribing to YouTube Premium.
READ ALSO: How to download embedded videos from any website (Faster)
How to download YouTube videos on iPhone and iPad for free
Downloading YouTube videos on iPhone and iPad is on another level, mostly if you want the video to be available in the Photo app, but if you don’t want it there it could be easy as simply downloading anything online.
1. First, you need to download and open the app Documents by Readdle. The Documents app has a web browser within.
2. Go to YouTube and find the video that you want to download, tap on Share and copy the video link.
3. Open the Documents app and tap on the compass icon to open the web browser and go to. On the Address bar, go to savefrom.net or YT1S, or any online video downloader.
4. Paste the YouTube video link in the box and tap Download. Select the quality and format of the video and tap (Get Link for YT1S) then Download.
5. Enter a name for the video and download location. Tap the Downloads section in the bottom navigation bar to view your downloaded videos within the Documents app.
6. To save your downloaded videos to your Photo app, open your Downloads folder on the Documents app home screen.
7. Find the video and tap the three dots icon below it. Tap on Share and then Save Video. You can now see the YouTube videos in the Photos app.
How to download YouTube videos on Android
To download YouTube videos on your Android phone you’ll need an app, or better still use an online downloading tool like SaveFrom.net.
You can’t download the YouTube downloader app from the Google Play Store because Google doesn’t allow it, you’ll have to install the app from outside of Play Store.
1. First, you’ll need to download the VidMate app on Uptodown and install it on your Android phone.
2. Open the VidMate app, tap on YouTube and search for the YouTube video you want to download, and then tap the red Download button.
3. Choose the video quality and format you want to download and tap on the red Download button again.
4. To access the video on the VidMate, tap on My Files and you’ll see the latest video you have downloaded. You can also see the video on your local storage.
How to download YouTube videos with savefrom.net
Savefrom.net is a free web-based video site that allows you to download videos from YouTube.
With the online service, you can download YouTube videos for free on iPhone, Mac, Android, and Windows PC.
1. Open the YouTube video you want to download and copy the URL of the YouTube video from the address bar.
2. Open the SaveFrom.net website and paste the URL you just copied to the bar on the savefrom.net website where it says “just insect link.”
3. Choose your preferred video quality and format, and then click on Download. You can find the video in your local storage when the downloading is done.
Read Also: How to create a YouTube channel for personal or business
You can simply add ss to the URL for easily accessing the SaveFrom.net site. Change the URL from m. or www. to ss just like this. You can also download Facebook videos using savefrom.net.
How to download YouTube videos on Mac and Windows
You can download YouTube videos to Mac and Windows PC for free with software or online tools.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to download YouTube videos on Mac and Windows for free. For you to be able to download YouTube videos on PC for free, you’ll need software.
1. To use the 4k video downloader you first need to download the software from their site.
2. Go to YouTube and copy the video URL you want to download from the address bar.
3. Open the 4K Video Downloader application, and click on the Paste Link button in the top left corner of the menu bar and the software will grab the URL from your PC’s clipboard.
4. Once you select your video quality and format you can begin downloading. You can also change the download location of the video.
Read Also: How to change YouTube channel name
You now know how to download YouTube videos for free on your device, also learn how to download Facebook videos for free.
There are other free software and online tools that allow you to download YouTube videos, some include ClipGrab, VLC, ClipConverter, Freemake, or MP4 Downloader Pro.