Creating a YouTube channel is simple, and clear to understand if you’ve got a Google Account. If you don’t already have one, you’ll have to create one for yourself and come back here to create your YouTube account.
If you have a YouTube channel you will be able to upload videos and let other people see what you have posted. You can gain subscribers and even make money from the channel.
But before we start, you must know that there are a brand and a personal YouTube channel. You can create a brand account under a Google account — and have a different channel if you want to upload different stuff.
Creating a brand channel is best when creating a YouTube channel for your business. We’ll show you how to create a personal and a brand YouTube channel.
If you create a brand YouTube channel, you can assign other people to manage it. The name won’t be associated with your Google Account. Before you can get started on YouTube, you’re going to need a Google account.
How to create a personal YouTube channel
If you want to post videos and share things you love, you can create a personal YouTube channel. The YouTube channel will also be the name of your Google Account.
You can create a personal YouTube channel using the YouTube website or mobile app.
1. To get started, go to the YouTube website or app and make sure you’re signed in to your Google Account. You can switch Google Account by clicking on your profile picture, and then click on “Switch account.”
2. Once you’ve selected the Google Account you want to use for YouTube, click on the account icon.
3. On your mobile device, tap “Your channel” and on a desktop computer, click on “Create a channel” to get your YouTube channel started.
4. Once you click on “Your channel” on your mobile device, enter the name you want to use for your YouTube channel, and click on “Create Channel.”
5. On a computer, click on “Get Started” in the pop-up window and select “Use your name,” and complete your channel.
You’ve now created your personal YouTube channel, you can customize your channel by adding a profile picture and channel art. You can choose to set this up later if you want.
How to create a brand YouTube channel
For businesses that need a YouTube channel, a brand account is the best. With a brand account, you can manage more than one YouTube channel from a single dashboard. You’ll be able to add other managers to control a YouTube channel.
For you to create a brand YouTube channel, you’ll need to do that from your desktop computer.
1. Sign in to your existing Google Account you want to use on YouTube. To switch Account click on the account picture and click on “Switch account.”
2. Click the profile picture at the top right corner of your screen. From the drop-down menu, click on “Create a Channel.”
3. A window will pop-up, and then select “Get Started.” Choose the option that says “Use a custom name.”
4. Enter the name you want to use for your brand YouTube channel, and agree to the terms, then click “Save.”
Your YouTube channel is now created, you can customize your channel’s settings on the next screen or you can skip that for later.