Google Maps Street View provides a street-level view of many cities around the world. It doesn’t matter which country you are in, your home might be available on Google Street View. It even includes people walking on the street and license plates.
You can blur your house on Google Street View if you want privacy. Everyone wants privacy and if you will go the extra mile to do this, you couldn’t agree more.
With the Google Street View peeking directly into your home/house, you probably know that it will be revealing more of your property. I know you didn’t sign up for this. But if you just put in your house address on Google Maps now you could get the image of your house.
But all the same, you can put an end to Street View to stop viewing your house by blurring it. You can ask Google to blur your house, and once it does it can’t be reverted. If your house is blur it will show that there is a building in that place.
Google introduced a way for you to keep your house, face, license plates off of Google Maps. If you feel it is an invasion of your privacy you can blur your property and other identifying information that represents you.
If you don’t want people following your life and looking up online for you and even go as far as using Google Maps to search for your house you can blur your house.
For that person that wants privacy and doesn’t want any of his/her property to be available on Google Maps, you can quietly ask Google to permanently blur your house on Street View.
How to blur your house on Google Maps Street View
Before you can even blur your house on Google Map Street View, first, we need to check if your house is on Google Maps.
- Delete Google Activity: This isn’t how to do it
- Google Assistant: Everything you need to know
- People Card: How to create your own virtual Google Card
Check if your house is on Google Map
To check if your house or is on Google Maps you will have to first open the Google Maps app, enter your house address.
- Open Google Maps on your Android or iOS device.
- Search for your house address and your street might be displayed.
- You can choose a place on the Map to check if your street has Street View.
How to blur your property on Google Street View
- Go to Google Maps on your Android or iOS device and enter your home address.
- Once your address is displayed.
- Click the image in front of your screen to enter Street View mode.
- With your house in Street View mode, click the flag 🏳️ in the top-right corner of your screen.
- In the report page, center the red box on your property, and select what you want to blur in the “Request blurring” field.
- Write in the report field why you want the image blurred.
- Enter your email address, and click “Submit.”
Google will ask you to be specific about the area you want to blur. Because if you don’t, you may need to do all processes again in other to get your property blurred on Google Street View.
Just to make sure you are making the right decision, Google informs you that once your house or property is blur it can’t be reverted, it is permanent.
If you live in a rented apartment you might consider not doing so (don’t offend the owner) except, of course, you owned the property.
After you “submit” your request to blur your house, you will receive an email from Google noting that they are reviewing the image you reported and will email you when your request is resolved.
It’s not clear exactly how long it takes. Google may contact you to get additional information or to update you on the status of your report.
You should consider before blurring your house, and only do this if you have a very good reason to. (Maybe privacy issue). Blurring your property can bring unwanted attention to your house.