Do you want to know how to download embedded videos from any websites for free, we have written a detailed guide for it.
There are different ways for you to download videos on Facebook, and YouTube, but downloading a video embedded on a website isn’t all that simple. But we have found 5 ways you can use to download embedded videos to your device.
When I was trying to download a video from a website, I couldn’t because it wasn’t an embedded video from YouTube or Facebook, so I looked hardened and discovered the video doesn’t even right-click.
But with the DevTools and Inspect, a quick click allows me to download the embedded video online. Here is how I download an embedded video from a website.
Download embedded videos directly from websites (Save video as)
If you have been using the web for years you must have found out that embedded videos on a website don’t come with a download link, but still, it allows you to download the embedded videos by using Save video, just like images.
So how do you download videos from any websites, well if the video is in a format that allows you to Save As you can do it within 5 clicks, on Android, iPhone, Mac, and Windows.
How to download embedded videos from websites
1. If you already know the video you want to download, go to the page on the website. You can access it from your mobile or PC device.
2. On PCs, right-click on the video and select the “Save video as” option to save the embedded video. For mobile, long-press the video and tap on Download video.
3. On PCs you will have to choose a download location in other to save the embedded video.
Once you select the location, tap ok and the download will begin. On mobile, the download will go to your device download folder.
Read Also: How to download YouTube videos for free
Download embedded videos with Chrome browser (DevTools)
Without using any online service, or an extension you can download embedded videos from any website with developer tools.
Most videos that are embedded on popular sites don’t allow you to download them, and thus these videos aren’t hosted on video streaming platforms like YouTube.
The only way to download the embedded video is by using the embedded link. With the developer tools option, you can download any embedded video from any website.
How to download embedded videos with developer tools
1. Once you have found the embedded video you want to download on the website. Tap on the F12 key and go to Network > Media.
2. You can also right-click on the video and select Inspect for Chrome, and select “Inspect Element” in Firefox.
On the Inspect window, navigate to the Network tab, and click on Media.
3. Press the F5 key to refresh the page and play the embedded video again, and you will then find the video link on the lower left side of the page.
4. Right-click on this link and choose the Open in new tab option, then the embedded video will be playing.
5. Click on the download button, or if there is none, right-click on the video and select “Save video as” to download the embedded video to your device.
Also Read: How to download Facebook videos for free
Download embedded videos with browser extension
Well, every method will have listed works, but if you’re still looking for other ways to download embedded videos to your PCs, a browser extension will do for both Chromium-based browser and Firefox. Before you can use it, you will need to install the extension from the Web Store.
Download with Video DownloadHelper
1. Go to the Chrome Web Store, or Firefox Add-on Store and Add the Video DownloadHelper extension to your browser.
2. Once Install, open the website you want to download the embedded video from, and then start playing the video.
3. On the extension section, click the “Video DownloadHelper” icon on the top right side, then select the Download option to download the embedded video.
You can also choose other ways to download the video like Quick download and Download & Convert to change the video format.
Download with Flash Video Downloader
The Flash Video Downloader extension help detects media on a web page, and from there you can download embedded video to your device.
Flash Downloader is an extension that you can install on a popular web browser like Chrome.
1. Open any chromium-based browser and install the Flash Video Downloader from the Web Store.
2. Go to the webpage where you want to download the embedded video, play the video, and then tap on the Flash Video Downloader icon in the extension section.
3. Click on the Download icon to download the embedded video from the website to your device.
Download embedded videos with online service
There are very few online video downloaders that can download an embedded videos from websites.
But we found two that can help you get these embedded videos to your device. These online video downloaders support many other video hosting sites.
Download embedded videos with Fetch File
1. To download embedded video online, find the video you want to download and copy the URL of the webpage. Then go to the Fetch File website.
2. On the Fetch File page paste the URL in the given URL section, and it shows the embedded video, then click on the Download video option.
3. Choose the video resolution you want to download and continue the download, the video will then be available on your device.
Download embedded videos with Online Video Converter
1. To download embedded video online, find the video you want to download and copy the URL of the webpage.
2. Then go to the Online Video Converter website and paste the URL of the embedded video.
3. Choose the video format and click on Start to start converting the URL. Then tap on Download to begin downloading the embedded video.
We have shown you 4 ways you can use to download embedded videos from any website, if you find one method difficult you can use another.
If you find this tip useful share with your friends who also like to know how to download embedded videos on certain sites.