Can’t remember your Apple ID password, here’s how you can reset it and get a new password for your account. If you want to create a new Apple ID you can do so by following this guide. Resetting your Apple ID password won’t remove the details in the account, it will only allow you to set up a new password.
Without having access to your Apple account, you can’t back up or even restore your data. Before you can reset your Apple ID password, make sure you’ve access to your phone number or the email address you used when creating your Apple ID. If you don’t have access to it you can’t reset your Apple ID password.
Resetting your ID password will enable you to get access to your account. If you have been unable to get access to it here’s how to reset your Apple ID password and set a new one for your account.
Before you can reset your Apple ID password, you’ll need to know the email address you use to register the ID. If you’re still able to access your device go to your Settings and tap on your name to view the email address at the top screen. On a Mac computer, open SystemPreferences. Click on Apple ID to the right of your name. The email address is listed under your name.
If you’re using an iPhone and you forget or can’t remember the last password you use for your Apple ID account, here’s is how you can get it to reset. They’re different ways to get your Apple ID password reset in iPhone, but you can easily do that with the Apple App Store or related.
1. If you already sign in with the Apple ID on your iOS device before, go to your iOS device Settings.
2. On your device Settings tap on your name and click on ‘Password & Security’ then tap on ‘Change Password.’
3. If you are signed in to iCloud and have a passcode enabled on your device, you’ll be prompted to enter the passcode, and from there you’ll be able to reset your Apple ID password.
You can easily set up a new Apple ID password for your account if you’re using a Mac computer. With just a few clicks you’ll be done resetting your ID password for your account.
1. On your macOS Catalina computer go to your Apple menu, and click on ‘System Preferences,’ then click Apple ID. Click Password & Security.
2. On your macOS Mojave, High Sierra, or Sierra computer tap on your Apple menu and click on System Preferences, then click on iCloud. Tap on Account Details.
3. If you’re asked to enter your Apple ID password, click “Forgot Apple ID or password.” Click on Change Password.
4. Before you can reset your Apple ID password, you’ll be required to enter the password you used to unlock your Mac computer.
How to reset Apple ID password with your email address or security questions
You can also reset your ID password with your email address or security questions you’ve used while setting up the Apple ID account. If the previous ways didn’t work for you. You can try this if you have security questions or two-factor authentication turned on.
2. Click on Forgot Apple ID or password, and click on Continue with Password.
3. You’ll be prompted to enter your Apple ID email address and then click continue. If you use another means to create your Apple ID account you will be prompted to do the needful.
Once you submit the email address associated with your Apple ID you will be sent a link to reset your account ID password.
Use friends device If you can’t access yours
Before you can reset your Apple ID password, you need to have a device that you can use to gain access back. If you can’t access your device now, you can use your family or friend’s iPhone to gain access by using the Apple Support app or Find My iPhone app.
To use the Apple Support app on your friends or family’s iPhone, their iOS need to be updated to the latest iOS version or have at least iOS 12 or 13. If not you might consider using the Find My iPhone app.
Using the Apple Support app
To reset your password using the Apple Support app on a family or friend’s iPhone with iOS 12 or later, the device owner will need to download the Support app from the App Store. Any information you enter on the Apple Support app will not be stored on the device.
Once your friends have successfully downloaded the Apple Support app, they should follow the instruction.
1. Under Topics, tap on Passwords & Security, then click on Reset Apple ID password.
2. Tap Get Started, then tap “A different Apple ID” and enter the Apple ID that you need to reset the password for.
3. Tap Next, then follow the steps on your screen until you receive confirmation that your Apple ID password is changed.
Using the Find My iPhone app
If your friends can’t download the Apple Support app on their iOS device because their iOS version is low they can still use the Apple Find My iPhone app.
1. Open the Find My iPhone app, and on the sign-in screen, make sure the Apple ID field is empty.
2. Tap Forgot Apple ID or Password, then follow the onscreen steps to reset your Apple ID password.