Have you ever encountered an Android application that refuses to close? This keeps the app running in the background, some Android apps tend to misbehave when you decide to leave the app. The application won’t close as it uses to — except, of course, you force close the app through your phone’s settings.
There are moments when an application will refuse to close, and it will still be running in the background — which might eventually reduce the battery life.
Application running in the background drains battery life, that’s why you need to force close apps you’re not using in other to save your smartphone battery. To solve an issue like this on Android, you will have to force stop the app in your Android apps settings.
There are probably a lot of reasons you might want to close an app on your Android device, it is usually annoying when an app does not work as excepted.
When an Application refuses to close in a normal manner, you might consider forcing stopping such an app, and it’s pretty easy to do that. On most Android devices, force closing an app can be handled in the following steps.
Force close Android app from phone settings
Force stopping your apps doesn’t delete the application. It’s only excepted to stop the application from running in the background. Normally your smartphone application should behave as normal, but if it didn’t, you can force stop the app.
1. To force close apps on Android, go to your Settings on your Android device, scroll down then click on “Apps & notification.” For other Android manufacturer click on “App management” then tap on “App settings.”
2. On the App settings page you can search for application and games. Tap on the application you want to force stop from running in the background.
3. Open the app you want to Force stop and click on the Force Stop button at the bottom right corner of your screen.
ALSO READ: How To Recover Deleted Apps On Android Phone
Force close Android app from the app drawer
1. Find the application you want to force stop and hold the application to display the app option. Choose the App info and the application settings will open.
2. Click on Force stop to close the app from running in the background at the bottom right corner of your screen.
The way to get to your App Info may varies because of different smartphone manufacturers and different versions. To easily Force stop application use the second method, just tap and hold then click on App Info.