Ever used an Android application before that refuses to close when you’re done; this keeps the app running in the background. Some Android apps tend to misbehave when you decide to leave the app. The application won’t close as it uses too — except, of course, you force close the app through your phone’s settings.
There are moments when an application will refuse to close, and the app will still be running in the background — which might eventually reduce the battery life. An app running in the background drains battery life, that’s why you need to force close apps you’re not using in other to save your smartphone battery. To solve an issue like this on Android, you’ll have to force close the app in your Android settings.
There are probably a lot of reasons you might want to close an app on your Android device, it usually annoying when an app does not work as excepted. When an Application refuses to close in a normal manner, you might consider forcing closing such an app, and it’s pretty easy to do that. On most Android devices, force closing an app can be handled in the following steps;
Force close Android app from phone settings
Force closing/stopping your apps doesn’t delete the application. It’s only excepted to stop the application from running in the background. Normally your smartphone application should behave as normal, but if it didn’t, you can force stop the app.
1. To force close apps on Android, the first step is to open the Settings app on your Android device, then click on the Apps & Notification. For other manufacturers click on App Management.
2. Select All Apps, See all apps or App Settings to display all the apps on your device. Tap on the application you want to force close or Stop from running in the background.
3. Open the app you wish to force close and click on the Force Stop button. For another manufacturer, once you select the app you want to close, at the bottom of the page click on Force Stop to force close the application from running.
Force close Android app from the app drawer
1. Find the application you want to force close, tap, and hold the application to display the app option. Choose the App info and the application settings we open.
2. Click on Force Stop to force close the app from running in the background, and for other manufacturers do the same, and tap on Force Stop at the bottom right corner of your screen.
The way to get to your application information may vary because of different smartphone manufacturers. To easily force stop application use the second method, just tap and hold then click on “App Info.”