If you’ve been looking for a way to edit a PDF file, look no further because you can now edit your PDFs online and offline. And also, if you’re using a mobile device and you just want to quickly make some corrections on some PDF document you can do that. Previously, I don’t know, you may be limited to only editing on a desktop computer, but right now it is for everyone.
First, you just have to find the application that can enable you to edit PDFs files or use an online service instead. But you must know that a PDF is not meant for editing, except you just want to make some light changes; that’s why it takes lots of effort to get the right tool to edit. We’ve put together the best online service and application that you can use for easy PDF editing.
Edit a PDF file with Adobe Acrobat
Edit any PDF file using Adobe Acrobat for PC. To use Adobe Acrobat, you’ll need access to Adobe Document Cloud (DC). If you’re a subscriber, just sign in and follow this step, if not you can start a free trial for Adobe Acrobat DC to gain temporary access to the tool. You can also use Adobe Acrobat DC to password protect your PDF file for free.
1. Open Adobe Acrobat DC, and select the PDF file you want to edit, then click on the “Edit PDF” in the right panel to start editing your PDF.
2. Click on the text or image you want to edit and Adobe Acrobat will show you the tools to edit with. Add or edit the text on the page, you can click and drag to resize elements and images using selections from the Objects list and update fonts.
3. Click on the link, headers and footers, watermark, or background tool to edit your PDF further. Once you’re done editing save your edited PDF; name your file and click the “Save” button.
PDF-Xchange Editor is a free service but also come with a pro plan, it provide lots of free features for effective PDF task management, you can check out their long list of features. With PDF-XChange Editor, you can edit the text in PDF documents, delete it, move or format it, with other options to move, enlarge or delete the graphics. To know how to edit PDF files with PDF-Xchange Editor follow this step.
1. Go to PDF-Xchange Editor and download the software, install and open the PDF file that you want to edit, choose the tool “Edit content.”
2. Now click on the text you want to change, and right-click on the text area, so that the context menu opens and select “Properties,” and then the properties window will appear on the right side of the screen. Now use the mouse to mark the text you want to change (like highlighting them).
3. To change an image or graphics, choose the tool “Edit content” and mark the image with the mouse and drag the image, enlarge, shrink, or delete it from the PDF. After you’re done with editing your PDF you can save the file to your device.
Edit a PDF file with SmallPDF
With SmallPDF you can edit a PDF file online. All you have to do is find the PDF file you want to edit and upload it to SmallPDF, from there you can change or add text, add images, and even change font and color.
1. To edit PDFs online, go to SmallPDF and drag and drop your PDF document into the PDF Editor. If you’re using a mobile you can upload by using the upload button. After you’ve uploaded the PDF file, you can now start editing your document.
2. You can add text, images, shapes, or freehand annotations as you wish. You can also edit the size, font, and color of the added content. Once you’re done with your editing just click ‘Apply’ and save the changes and download your edited PDF.
Edit a PDF file with Microsoft Word
Editing with Microsoft Word isn’t always said because if you want to edit with Microsoft word the PDF must be in mostly text to be compatible. As Microsoft said it “works best with PDFs that are mostly text.” So if you’ve got a text-only PDF that you want to quickly edit you can use MS Word.
1. To edit a PDF file, simply open the document in MS Word. And Word will tell you that it’s going to make a copy of the PDF and convert its contents into a format that Word can display.
2. Then you can start editing it. The original PDF won’t be changed at all. Select OK. Once you’re done editing save your PDF file to your computer.
How easy it is to edit text and images in PDFs with an Adobe Acrobat DC subscription. You can only edit text and images on iPad and Android tablets with the Adobe Acrobat subscription. Download the app from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. For mobile phone editing, you should try an online PDF editor.
AnyPDF document password protected by the creator can not be edited, this rule applies to all PDF editors. Editing a PDF file is seamlessly easy and is just meant for correction and not another creation.
There is a good deal of alternative software and online program for editing your PDF files on PC. You can edit a PDF document with an online editor. PDFEscape.com is an online PDF file editor that’s free and also lets you create PDF forms in a browser, others include DocFly, pdf2go, and Inkscape.
If you enjoyed reading this article, please share on social media; on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp groups, and Telegram channels.