Texting someone might not be everyone’s preference, some people like using voicemail to leave a message rather than texting you. If you haven’t set up visual voicemail on your iPhone you can use our guide to set it up. You can also restore your previous voicemail with your password.
If you just started using iPhone you’ll need to set up a voicemail for your new device in other for the caller to leave a message for you when you’re not there.
With the iPhone visual voicemail, you’ll be able to see all the voicemail; a list of voicemail will be displayed and you can select the one you want to listen to.
You can share or delete the voicemail, you can save your visual voicemail as notes or voice memos, organize, delete, or share them with other apps or transfer them to another device.
If you’re in a supported country you may be able to read a transcript of the voicemail. If you haven’t set up voicemail for your iPhone, here’s how you can set it up with just a few clicks.
Set up visual voicemail on iPhone
Setting up visual voicemail for your iPhone is seamless easy, even if you’re using iPhone 6 to the newly released iPhone 13.
Update your device iOS before setting voicemail to your iPhone. If you want to be able to set up visual voicemail for your iPhone first check If your carrier supports Visual Voicemail.
1. Open the Phone app located on your iPhone home screen, and click the voicemail command icon located at the bottom right corner to set up your visual voicemail.
2. Next a ‘Set up’ button will appear on the iPhone screen. In case you have used voicemail on your iPhone before (with supported carrier), you will be required to enter your old password.
3. If this is your first time, you will have to create a new password (the password must be up to 4 to 6 digits) and enter it then Click ‘Done‘ when finished.
4. Next, the Greeting screen will come on your iPhone screen, where you can record your personalized greeting for your voicemails. For a personalized greeting click on ‘Custom’ and record your greeting for your voicemail.
You can play it back to yourself to check, then click on ‘Done when you are through with your recorded greeting.
If you are okay with the Default greeting already installed for your voicemail, just click on ‘Done’. And that’s all, you have successfully set up visual voicemail on your iPhone device.
Transfer your existing Voicemail
To transfer your existing voicemail, follow these steps. If you forget your voicemail password, there’s no way to reset it from your iPhone. You need to contact your carrier to reset your password. If you insert a new SIM card, you might lose the voicemail that you saved on your iPhone.
Set up a visual voicemail transcript
You can transcript your audio file to a text message. The audio voicemail file transcript through Apple server with machine learning. When your transcript your audio file you can read or listen to the voicemail. To enable voicemail transcript follow this step to enable Siri.
- Go to your iPhone Settings.
- Click on ‘Siri & Search’ and enabled Siri.
- Choose your Language Settings.
After you set it up, you can tap on any previous or existing message, and it will start a new text transcription of it.