If you’ve decided to quit Facebook, you can delete your account. But first, you need to download your Facebook information. Or maybe you just want to see how much information you’ve shared on Facebook.
Facebook is a social company that controls the most popular social networking apps in the world. Which include popular messaging apps like WhatsApp and Messenger.
Facebook collects users’ data and sells it to advertisers in other for them to place their ads using the data they’ve got. This data is collected from the form you fill, what you’ve posted over time, and things you like on Facebook.
Downloading your Facebook information doesn’t remove it from their server. You can download your Facebook information before deleting your account. To download Facebook information, you need to request for it. Here’s how you can download your Facebook information.
How to download Facebook information
1. Open your Facebook app, and go to the hamburger tab (the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of your screen). And for iPhone click on the hamburger tab at the right bottom corner of your screen.
2. In the bookmark tab of your Facebook account scroll down, and then click on “Security & Privacy,” and then “Settings.” For the Lite app scroll down and click on “Settings” before the dark mode option.
3. In the Facebook settings, scroll down to the “Your Facebook Information” section and click on “Access Your Information.” You can see all the information you’ve shared, enter, and uploaded on Facebook.
4. Or you can click “Download Your Information” on the bottom of “Your Facebook Information” section.
5. You can download your Facebook information here. At the top, you’ll see “You can choose to download your information if you’d like a copy of it,” click on download your information to get started.
6. A new page will open, and asked you to select your Facebook information you want to download. You can select by using date range. And set download format, and media quality.
7. Click on “Create file” once you’ve successfully selected your Facebook information you want to download.
Facebook will let you know when your copy of your Facebook information is complete Once the file has been created, you can find your file in the Available Files tab on the Download Your Information page. The file will only be available for a few days for you to download.
Once you’ve downloaded your Facebook information, you will be able to see all the data that Facebook collects from you. Download your information doesn’t automatically remove it from Facebook server.