Twitter’s two-step verification process helps you protect your account, just like every social platform like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, and others. Enabling a two-step verification process keeps your account secure, the verification process is a way for you to protect your accounts.
Save the hassle of getting your account cracked and setting up a new one just by using a two-factor authentication process.
When you use this verification process as another type of security measure, you can only access the account until you provide the one-time pin that Twitter sent to you through the authenticator app or text message (SMS).
You can choose to use a phone number and get the one-time pin through a Text Message or you can use an Authenticator App or a security key.
How to set up two-factor authentication for Twitter
1. Open the Twitter app on your Android or iPhone device, and click on your profile photo at the top-left corner of your screen.
2. On the Twitter menu, click on Settings and Privacy. Once the page is opened, click on Account.
3. Under the Account section click on Security. On the next page, click on “Two-factor authentication.”
4. Choose your authentication method, select between Authenticator app, Security Key, or Text Message (SMS).
5. For the Text Message authentication method, enter your phone number and verify it through the pin that’s sent to your phone. Once you have verified your phone number, you can now use it for your Twitter account.
Read Also: . How to secure Android phone
Setting up two-factor authentication for your Twitter account will protect your account and restrict unauthorized users from gaining access to your account. It’s a two-way security pass to get access to your account — your Twitter password and the authentication pin.