If you’re using LinkedIn for your business communication you might as well enable a two-step verification process. This can keep an unauthorized person from accessing your LinkedIn account.
Since LinkedIn helps you connect to business and your fellow employees, you won’t want someone to come in and distract your creation you’ve successfully built. To set up your account you will need to go to your account settings.
Your phone number is used to keep your account secure, it’s what you use for your two-step verification process. Before you can set up a two-step verification process for your account you need to add your phone number.
How to set up Two-step verification for LinkedIn
1. Launch the LinkedIn app on your iPhone or Android device, and click on your profile at the left top corner of your screen.
2. Once the menu opens, click on “Settings” in the profile section. On the new page click on “Sign in and security.” You can add your phone number here if you haven’t by clicking on “Phone numbers.”
3. Go down, and click on “Two-step verification” on the next page click on “Set up” and set the Two-step verification with your phone number or the Authenticator app.
4. Select the verification method you want to use and click continue. Enter your LinkedIn password and tap “Send code.”
5. Enter the verification code and click on “Verify” to enable a two-step verification process for your account.
Once you’ve enabled Two-step verification for your LinkedIn account, you won’t be able to sign in with just your username and password, you’ll also be needing a one time pin that’s sent to your phone number.