iPhone has some third-party applications that allow you to zip files or folders. Previously, the Apple Files app wasn’t available for users to manage their files, and now, iOS 13 and newer versions support the app. It will allow you to zip and unzip files on your iPhone. With the Files app, you can zip files on iPhone and iPad, and if you want to share your files through email, and upload to iCloud or Google Drive you can quickly use the Apple Files app.
From iOS 13 and below you won’t be able to use the Files app, until you update your iOS version. You can still zip your files using third-party apps like Zipped. In this guide, we walk you through how to zip and unzip files on iPhone and iPad with the Files app.
You can use a Mac or a PC to easily extract the file, but what if you are not with your computer, you can do that with your phone. Your iPhone can allow you to unzip files and folders.
Read Also: How to create a Grey foreign virtual bank account in Nigeria
How to compress files on iPhone
1. Open the Files app on your iPhone or iPad and find the files that you want to create a zip for, you can select files from your local storage or iCloud.
2. Tap and hold on to the file you want to zip. If you want to compress multiple files tap on Select at the top-right corner of your screen, then select the files you want to include in the zip.
3. Tap the three dots in the bottom-right corner of the screen and then select Compress from the pop-up menu.
The new Zipped file will be saved as “archive.zip” in the same location as the original files. Since your Zip file is named “archive” you might want to consider changing it to something that looks more appealing and easy to remain. To change the name, tap the Zip file, then select Rename from the menu.
Read Also: How to Zip and UnZip files on Android
How to uncompress files on iPhone
Extracting files on iPhone is simple when you use the Files app. If you haven’t updated to the latest version yet you can try the WinZip app to unzip your file.
1. Open the Files app on your iPhone or iPad, and then find the zip file that you want to extract.
2. Press and hold on to the Zipped file, then select uncompress from the file menu. When you do that, the file will be extracted.
The extracted files will be saved in the same location as the original Zip file. A folder is created containing the files. To change its name, tap and hold on to the folder, then tap Rename.
Read Also: .How to play Grand Theft Auto 5 on xCloud