Backing up your WhatsApp chats enables you to see your previous chat, videos, and photos when you change your phone, or if you lost your phone. You can only back up your chats and WhatsApp information on Google Drive.
If you don’t have a Google Account you can create one here and connect it with WhatsApp to enable you backup chats and files to Drive.
WhatsApp allows you to backup your WhatsApp information and chats daily, weekly, or monthly. You get to decide when you want to backup WhatsApp chats.
The chat backup feature allows you to restore your chats when you change your phone or reinstall WhatsApp. All your messages, photos, videos, and files will be available. You can manage the storage of your chat with a new management tool.
Backing up your chat in WhatsApp doesn’t automatically protect your media and chat in Google Drive, you’ll have to do that your self. Use a strong password for your Google Account to prevent intruders from accessing your Drive.
How to backup chats on WhatsApp
1. Open WhatsApp and tap on the three-dot at the right top corner of your screen and click on “Settings” on your Android device. Click on ” Settings” at the right bottom corner of your iPhone or iPad.
2. On the settings page, click on “Chats,” and tap on “Chat backup.” A new page will open, from here you’ll set up how you want to backup your WhatsApp chat.
3. Click on “Backup to Google Drive” and select when you want to continue backing up your chats. You can choose, daily, weekly, monthly, or only when you tap back up.
4. Tap on Google Account to choose the Account you want your WhatsApp chats to backup to.
5. Choose which network you want your chat to backup over. You can choose between Wi-Fi, or Wi-Fi, and cellular. You can include a video to your backup if you want.
Once you’ve successfully set up a backup for your WhatsApp chats, the backup will start daily, weekly, or monthly depending on the option you choose. All your chat will be on Google Drive and you can restore them if you change your phone or reinstall WhatsApp.