If you’re a regular Pinterest user, you should use dark mode on the app to reduce eye strain and enjoy the feed while you scroll. Dark mode on Pinterest helps you turn light to a dark theme to save your battery life and let you use the app to the fullest. You must have seen a lot of dark posts recently, and they’re many more, we want to help you get your apps dark. Like Instagram, when going through photos you might want your view to be concentrated on a photo.
Dark mode reduces how your mobile phone consumes battery and helps make it soft on the eyes. Flipboard and the Google Play Store also support dark mode so your eyes don’t fall off. The Pinterest dark mode is only available for iOS and Android. You can only enable dark mode for Android in the Pinterest app and device settings.
How to turn on dark mode on pinterest for Android
To activate dark mode for the Pinterest app for Android 10 and older, you’ll have to download the Pinterest app and sign in.
1. Open the Pinterest mobile app on your Android device, and tap on your profile in the bottom right corner.
2. On your profile page, click on the three-dot icon at the top right corner and tap on Settings.
3. On the settings page, click on Account Settings.
4. And then tap on App theme then select the dark theme to turn on dark mode on Pinterest.
If.you want to enable dark mode in Pinterest from your settings you can do that by using System default. The Pinterest app will follow your device’s settings if you’re on Android 10 and newer: Go to your device’s Settings, tap Display, and turn on Dark Theme.
How to turn on dark mode on pinterest for iPhone
Pinterest app on iOS doesn’t come with a built-in feature for dark theme that you can enable within the app. You can only turn it on by using iOS Settings dark display.
1. To turn on the dark theme on iPhone, open your settings app on your iPhone or iPad device.
2. On the settings page click on the Display & Brightness option.
3. Under the appearance section, click on the dark theme option and your device will go dark.
4. Open the Pinterest app and you’ll be greeted with the dark theme.
How to turn on Pinterest dark mode on PC
Pinterest doesn’t have a dark mode on their desktop website, and you won’t get it if you’re trying to turn it on through settings. If you want to enable dark mode on PC, you’ll need any one of these browser extensions: Stylus, Night Eye, or Dark Reader.
1. Once you’ve downloaded the extension you want, visit pinterest.com and sign in to your account.
2. Click the extension and enable night mode on the Pinterest site. Your theme will change to dark.
These extension can change your white background to dark, giving you a nice looking dark mode on the web, even if it not the official Pinterest desktop dark mode.