Dark theme is one of the most required features, but anyway it’s here now, and most Android devices will be able to enable dark mode on Google Play Store, from Android 5 and newer.
With this update, you don’t need to be running Android 10 or newer to be able to get a dark theme on Google Play Store.
Google has implemented dark themes to all its apps already. So if you want it all dark on your Google Play Store app — here’s how to enable dark mode for play store on Android 10 and older.
Enable Google Play Store dark mode in Android 10 and newer
To activate Google Play Store dark mode in Android 10 is just like every other app that supports dark mode. This only works if the app supports it.
1. To enable dark theme on Android 10 and newer go to the settings of your Android device.
2. Tap on Display & brightness (based on the manufacturer) and then click on Dark theme.
3. Toggle dark theme and all Android apps will go dark, only for those that support dark theme including the Google Play Store app.
If you don’t like it you can switch back to light mode. You can separately enable dark mode from the Play Store app if you want.
Also Read:How to enable tab groups in Google Chrome to keep your browser organise
Enable dark mode on Google Play Store in Android 9 and lower
Hopefully, Play Store doesn’t just allow dark theme for Android 10 only — but older Android versions as well. To get started with the dark theme for Play Store, go to your preferred Android device, 9, older or newer.
1. Open the Google Play Store app, and click on your profile photo at the top right corner. It will open the Play Store menu.
2. Tap on Settings, and then click on General, you find the options to enable dark theme.
3. Click on Theme, and tap on Dark to change your Play Store to a dark theme.
Play Store will automatically turn dark. The look is pleasant, but if you don’t like it you can simply turn it off the way you activate the dark mode.