Twitter’s two-step verification process helps you protect your account, just like every social platform like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, LinkedIn, and others. Enabling the two-step verification process keeps your account secure.
The verification process is a way for you to protect your accounts. Save the hassle of getting your account cracked and setting up a new one just by using a two-factor authentication process.
When you use this verification process as another type of security measures, you can only access the account until you use the one-time pin that Twitter sent to you through the authenticator app or text message.
You can choose to use a phone number and get the one time pin through a text message. Or you can use an authenticator app or a security key.
How to enable two-factor authentication for Twitter
1. Open the Twitter app on your Android or your iPhone device, and click on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of your screen.
2. On the Twitter menu, click on “Settings and Privacy.” Once the page is opened, click on “Account.”
3. Under the “Login and security” section click on “Security.” On the next page, click on “Two-factor authentication.”
4. Choose your authentication method. Select between authenticator app, security key, or text message.
5. Enter your phone number, and verify it through the pin that’s sent to your phone.
Once you’ve verified your phone number, you can now use it for your Twitter account authentication process.
Setting up Two-factor Authentication for your Twitter account will protect your account and restrict unauthorized access users from gaining access to your account. It’s a two-way security pass to get access to your account. Your Twitter password and the authentication pin.